Downtown Indy, Inc. exists to improve Downtown Indianapolis. It is the city’s official nonprofit organization empowered to address critical issues that affect growth well-being and user friendliness of Downtown Indianapolis. It is charged with developing, managing activating and marketing Downtown to make it the best place to live, learn, work and play.
Downtown Indy, Inc. has been designated by the City of Indianapolis to oversee the management and activation of Georgia Street and The Canal Walk. In partnership with the City, DII will provide stewardship, expertise and day-to-day focus to build a compelling year round destination and pedestrian-friendly gathering place for residents and visitors.
DII also works with other event planners on third party rentals on both Georgia Street & The Canal Walk.
I. General Description
The Events Coordinator, as an employee of Downtown Indy, Inc. manages and executes events on Georgia Street and The Canal Walk in coordination with the Events Director. This includes both Downtown Indy, Inc. hosted events as well as third party rentals that occur at either venue. As Events Coordinator, the expectation is to initiate and maintain contact and relationships with outside clients, as well as City of Indianapolis personnel, including but not limited to Public Safety, Department of Public Works and Department of Metropolitan Development.
II. Preferred Background, Experience and Skills
- Must have experience in related fields. Working knowledge of event management/programming, public space management, public safety, operations, sponsorship, fundraising and financial management is desirable. Knowledge of and positive relationships with City government and hospitality industry are a plus.
- Proficient in Word, Outlook and Excel
- Bachelor Degree required
- Good written, verbal and presentation communication skills required
- May be required to work evenings and week-ends depending on Downtown Event activities.
- Day-to-day contact person with special event organizers for the use of Georgia Street. Works closely with Events Director in planning, scheduling and executing events, along with on-site management/contractors/vendors/partners for Georgia Street.
- Secondary contact person with special event organizers for the use of The Canal Walk.
- Assist the Events Director and help to coordinate other recurring Downtown Indy, Inc. events including but not limited to Blarney Bash, Workout Wednesdays, Happy Hours, Food Truck Fridays, Motorcycles on Meridian, Circle of Lights, City Sidewalks and New Year’s Eve.
- Responsible for invoicing clients and paying bills for Georgia Street in conjunction with event organizers and monthly Georgia Street utilities, repairs and maintenance.
- Provide direct line of communications with city and state agencies related to special events, including but not limited to the Indianapolis Departments of Code Enforcement, Marion County Health Department, Indianapolis Department of Public Works, Indiana State Excise Police, Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, etc.
- Maintain email communication with Georgia Street stakeholders as it relates to Georgia Street events, traffic notifications and other necessary updates.
- Assist Marketing Team with social media, website updates, etc. as it relates to Georgia Street.
- Maintain the events calendar on the Canal Walk website.
- Based on experience and qualifications
Send resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Courtney Howell
111 Monument Circle, Ste. 1900
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Application Deadline: March 3