Have you dumped the pump in favor of alternate forms of transportation? If so you’re not alone. In 2012, more than 10 percent of Indianapolis households were completely car-free. More and more households are changing their commuting patterns in favor of multi-modal forms of transportations. We couldn’t be happier about this trend towards a more sustainable Indy.
This summer, May – August, we challenged the community to go “Car-Free Indy.” We encouraging residents to ride their bikes, ride the bus and walk instead of driving. During the campaign, residents created a profile, set a goal and tracked their progress. Almost 300 people participated in the Car-Free Indy Campaign this summer, logging over 37,000 miles total!
Thank you to all those who participated. We’ve chosen at random one grand prize winner and three runners-up. I hope that all of you continue to walk, bike and bus throughout the fall and winter months.
Congratulations Morgan Hunt!
She has won a Downtown Indy prize package that includes:
- One night stay at the JW Marriott Indianapolis
- One year of free bus rides from IndyGo
- 30 Day Membership to the Indy Bike Hub YMCA
- Insulated lunch bag with goodies from CIRTA and
- Four tickets to the Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians & Western Art
Congratulations to these runners-up
Kevin Blackwell, Clay Hallman and Olivia MacIsaac
They have won a Downtown Indy prize package that includes:
- 30 Minute Massage from Therapeutic Touch
- A 10-trip pass from IndyGo
- A coupon for an order of St. Elmo Shrimp Cocktail Sauce
- A day pass from Indiana Pacers Bike Share