What is the first thing that pops into your head when you think about St. Patrick’s Day? St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland? Green beer and apparel? The start of spring? Partying and dancing? Downtown Indy has it all!
Jiffy Lube’s Blarney Bash in partnership with iHeart Media, Downtown Indy, Inc., Coors Light, Guinness and Jack Daniel’s is an insanely fun St. Patrick’s Day party on Georgia Street. On Friday, March 17, from 11 a.m. – 10 p.m., green beer, food and live music will take over the East Block of Georgia Street. Local bands include The Late Show, The Doo, and My Yellow Rickshaw.
Blarney Bash is a blast and an annual tradition not to miss. Do yourself a favor and purchase your ticket here now. Tickets are available for a limited time at $7 each or 4 for $25.
Planning on attending Blarney Bash but still looking for more St. Patrick’s Day fun? I’ve got you covered. Check out these other exciting events around Downtown Indy in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day.
- Saturday, March 11 & Friday, March 17, various times
- Bar crawlers unite – for two weekends! Take an Irish Stroll downtown at Taps and Dolls and at the Get Shamrocked After Party at Sky Bar
- Saturday, March 11, 2 p.m.
- Start at Military Park with a toast of a local brew then run a 5K, stopping each kilometer or so to drink another local beer. Enjoy a pint in your souvenir glass at the finish line!
- Thursday, March 16, 5 p.m.
- For the 21st straight year, the Hoosier Lottery will help Indianapolis celebrate St. Patrick’s Day by making the Downtown Canal green. Put on your greenest green outfit and enjoy live music, dancing and special celebrity appearances.
- Friday, March 17, 11:30 a.m.
- The 37th annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade is made up of high school bands, floats, catholic schools, Irish dancers, bag pipe & drum bands, Irish organizations and dignitaries.
- Friday, March 17, 10 a.m.
- Before and after the annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade, stop by the Block Party, which is situated on Vermont Street. Enjoy a beer garden, live music, Irish merchandise for sale and more.
- Saturday, March 19, 10 a.m. – noon
- The 25th annual Shamrock Run and Walk is the official race of the St. Patrick’s Day Parade. Join thousands of people by participating in either the four-mile run (with timing tag), the four-mile fitness walk (without timing tag) or NEW this year the Lucky 7 is a seven mile timed run (only). Don’t forget to come dressed in your best Irish costume! Prizes will be given out to to the top costumes.
For a complete list of Downtown events, click here.