Downtown Indy, Inc. and the electrical workers of IBEW #481 announce that it is time for Indy’s own renowned holiday auditions, with a twist.
For the second year, it’s even easier to audition – on your own time via video submission. Indiana entertainers, singers, musicians, dancers, choral groups and more are invited to audition via video submission to perform at the 56th annual Circle of Lights® presented by IBEW #481, which takes place on Monument Circle in Downtown Indianapolis Friday, Nov. 23.
Two-minute, holiday-themed video submissions will be accepted:
- Aug. 31 - Sept. 24 via www.wthr.com/CircleOfLights. It’s as easy as recording on your smart phone, filling out an online form and submitting online. (There will be NO on-site, open auditions.)
From all of the video submissions, 15 finalists will be selected for an invitation-only audition which will take place Oct. 20 to perform live for judges. Finalists will perform two different songs. Up to five acts will be selected to perform on stage at Downtown Indy, Inc.’s Circle of Lights presented by IBEW #481.
Performers should prepare a video using the following specifications:
- Judges are looking for talent, visual presentation and stage presence.
- Video auditions should not exceed two minutes. This time limit will be strictly enforced when watching the videos. Acts chosen for the show will have approximately 3 minutes to perform, but for the sake of time, we must limit video auditions.
- A holiday theme is required (upbeat music preferred).
- A cappella acts are rarely chosen to advance. Please use recorded musical tracks while performing.
- Solo and group acts welcome.
- No editing videos.
- Please review the WTHR video tips before preparing your video audition: www.wthr.com/CircleOfLights
Selected groups must commit to two evening rehearsals Nov. 1 & 15 and from 2:30 – 8:30 p.m. on the day of the event. Email email@example.com with video audition questions or call 317-237-2222, x2317.
Circle of Lights® media partner, WTHR-13, will also showcase a TV special premiering Tuesday, Nov. 20 at 7 p.m. on WTHR-13. This is in addition to WTHR-13’s live coverage of the Circle of Lights® Friday, Nov. 23 at 7 p.m.