Top 10 Reasons to Live Downtown
1. There’s a mix of options from historic neighborhoods to luxury condominiums to newly built lofts and apartments.
2. Downtown is walkable and convenient: Walkscore.com gives the 46204 zip code a 91 "Walker's Paradise."
3. Everything is nearby: the city’s best restaurants, theaters, entertainment, performing arts, sports, museums and parks.
4. The Indianapolis Cultural Trail, an 8-mile urban bike and pedestrian path, runs throughout Downtown.
5. Downtown Indy is ranked the #3 best Downtown in the U.S. according to Livability.com.
6. Indy’s hottest events take place Downtown: Talbot Street Art Fair, Strawberry Festival, Circle City Indy Pride Parade and Festival, Dig IN: A Taste of Indiana, Circle of Lights presented by Quality Connection & IBEW 481 and more.
7. From Food Truck Fridays to Workout Wednesdays, there’s always something to do on Georgia Street’s Boardwalk.
8. The heart of Downtown pulsates with sports buzz: the Pacers, Fever, Colts, Indians, Ice and Indy Eleven.
9. There are numerous historic neighborhoods Downtown, many with the charm of tree-lined cobblestone and brick-paved streets.
10. Downtown has vibrant neighborhoods with an emphasis on neighbors.