Seeking a highly qualified professional to play a major role in measuring the economic and social drivers that impact a thriving Downtown. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a comprehensive knowledge of research protocols and a track record of working collaboratively with government agencies, business leaders, and community stakeholders to research, measure and archive key demographic, employment, real estate, and cultural statistics that tell the story of Downtown.
1. Works with organization leadership to identify research data to be gathered, frequency of updates and process/format for distribution.
2. Able to measure, analyze and report to support organizational initiatives including, but not limited to, the following types of data:
• Demographics of workforce, resident and visitor populations
• Hotel, office, parking, and retail inventory, occupancy, pricing, sales, etc.
• Traffic, commuting, and transportation mode split patterns
• Construction and real estate development activity
• Employment statistics, major employers, sector concentration, recruitment attractiveness
• Statistics related to cultural venues, professional sports, amusement attractions, museums, religious/educational institutions, parks/trails, etc.
• Local, regional, and state economic indicators
• Sustainability/energy conservation metrics
• Homelessness and crime prevention statistics
3. Able to see trends in the data and interpret/validate the information behind the data gathered.
4. Able to communicate findings to a range of types of users. Must demonstrate superior writing, graphic and presentations skills.
5. Performs consumer and market research. Able to translate ideas into researchable questions. Familiar with survey techniques and statistical sampling.
6. Develops and maintains professional working relationships with partner agencies such as the City of Indianapolis, Visit Indy and Indy Chamber.
7. Stays up-to-date on trends, software, tools, etc. in order to apply latest knowledge and techniques.
8. Performs other job-related duties as required.
Preferred Background, Experience and Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Economics, Research or related field is required. Master's degree is preferred.
• 5-7 years experience in economic research with a local/state/federal agency, corporate business, consulting firm or academic institution is required.
• Strong analytical and research skills using GIS, LEHD, and other database sources.
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to plan, organize, manage and multitask.
• Proactive and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Understanding of economies and markets is required.
Send resume and cover letter to:Downtown Indy, Inc.Attn: Sherry Seiwert
• Ability to interpret large amounts of data and to multi-task
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Strong analytical and critical thinking
• Work well in a fast-paced team environment
• Knowledge of statistical packages, databases and MS Office
• Excellent understanding of search engines, web analytics and business research tools
• Familiarity with CRM programs, Co-Star and/or GIS
• Adequate knowledge of data collection methods (polls, surveys, etc.)
• 1-2 years of experience with BA or BS degree in Economics, Statistics, Marketing, Planning or related field
President111 Monument Circle, Ste. 250Indianapolis, IN 46204
(No calls please)