Downtown Indy, Inc. is dedicated to increasing the value and vitality of Downtown Indianapolis. The organization is engaged in addressing critical issues that affect Downtown’s growth and well-being. DII is focused on: planning and development, management and safety, marketing and activating. DII has a strong team environment where success depends upon collaboration and coordination within the organization and with other agencies, businesses and government entities.
The internship position works closely with the data research manager to conduct market research and analysis efforts to support DII’s strategic priorities. Responsibilities of the position include responding to stakeholder requests, as well as providing research and analysis for reports and marketing pieces related to Downtown Indianapolis.
The position requires minimally 20-25 hours per week over the summer (May – August), with the possibility to extend through the fall semester. The internship schedule will be determined by the supervisor and the candidate.
Preferred Background, knowledge and skills:
- Juniors, seniors or recent graduates in SPEA, urban planning or related field
- Market research
- Data mining and business analytics
- Advanced internet research skills
- Ability to analyze, verify and present information
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Written and oral communication
- Monitor and analyze conditions in the commercial and residential real estate markets for Downtown Indianapolis, utilizing data, local firms and public databases
- Assist in the creation and editing of reports showcasing the state of Downtown in different sectors
- Respond to staff, partners and key constituency inquiries and requests
Internship pays $500/month with an additional $100/month for parking
Send resume and cover letter to:
Downtown Indy, Inc.
Attn: Ben Eduardo
111 Monument Circle, Ste. 250
Indianapolis, IN 46204