Downtown Indy, Inc. offers an internship in the marketing and communications department. The candidates should have strong communication and organizational skills, be able to work with limited direction and on multiple projects, be creative and have strong oral and written skills. Experience with design software (Photoshop, etc.), website content management and AP style guidelines are helpful. Applicants with majors in journalism, communications, public relations, advertising and tourism management are encouraged to apply. A final start date will be determined once a candidate has been selected.
Under the general supervision of the senior director of communications, the intern will:
- Assist with the Monumental Weekend media relations campaign and news releases and pitch to the local print and broadcast media.
- Help write and program the weekly e-news publication.
- Help generate media coverage of Downtown Indianapolis and DII and its programs by developing story ideas, drafting news releases and media advisories and organizing news events and press conferences, as needed.
- Maintain and update current media kit materials including fact sheets and backgrounders about Downtown history, attractions, events, and DII programs and initiatives.
- Assist with compiling and distributing Downtown Pocket Map and other printed materials.
- Assist with maintaining Downtown Indy, Inc.'s web page.
- Assist with DII events.
- Assist with design projects.
- Assist with cross marketing opportunities.
- Update event database.
- Assist with research and tracking as needed.
- Attend IDMI Board and other key DII partnership meetings.
Interns will receive a monthly stipend along with a parking allowance. Internship Application Process
Send resume, cover letter and one writing sample to:
- Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter and writing to apply for an internship with Downtown Indy, Inc.
- Selected applicants will be contacted by phone and interviewed.
- Interviews will take place at Downtown Indy, Inc. at our offices in the Chase Tower, 111 Monument Circle, Ste. 250.
Downtown Indy, Inc.
Attn: Jennifer Hanson
Senior Communications Director
111 Monument Circle, Ste. 250
Indianapolis, IN 46204 Timeframes Spring: January - May 2021
Application Deadline: Nov. 7
Summer: May-August 2021
Application Deadline: Feb. 14
Fall: August - December 2021
Application Deadline: April 1