Downtown Indianapolis has a talented workforce. The city continues to grow with thriving businesses, a strong corporate base, a robust convention/hospitality market and a quickly-expanding residential community. There is great importance in attracting and retaining talent here in Downtown Indy.
To show support and celebrate Downtown’s talented employees, Downtown Indy, Inc. is hosting the second annual Workforce Week April 24 - 28. This spirited appreciation week will include pats-on-the-back, fun team-building events, community celebrations, a 5K run/walk, giveaways and more. Additionally, a themed inner-office Workforce Week e-toolkit will be sent to each Downtown employer. Those who work Downtown can join the conversation online by using #workloveindy on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Special daily themes for Workforce Week include:
Monday, April 24: MONDAY FUN DAY
Join us for a lunchtime pep rally on Monument Circle from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. celebrating all Downtown employees!
- Enjoy a carnival-like atmosphere with games and festival food.
- Festivities on the Circle will kick off at 11 a.m. and include a pep band, sports teams engagement and dunk tanks featuring local personalities, CEOs and other surprise ‘dunkees.’
Tuesday, April 25: TASTY TUESDAY
Take advantage of meal deals and discounts throughout Downtown hosted by several establishments. Show your Downtown business card, ID badge or nametag to participate.
Wednesday, April 26: WORKOUT WEDNESDAY & CANAL 5K RUN/WALK
Get outside and enjoy fun, healthy activities with coworkers.
- The beloved FREE Workout Wednesday series returns to Georgia Street from noon - 12:45 p.m. Try Zumba with the YMCA for a great workout.
- Sign up for Downtown Indy, Inc.'s inaugural Victory Lap 5K run/walk on the Downtown Canal Walk. This non-competitive event kicks off at 5:30 p.m., complete with great views of our lovely Downtown.
- Registration, opening April 3, is $20 and includes a T-shirt and snacks.
- Stay tuned for other healthy events to be announced.
Thursday, April 27: DOWNTOWN INDY, INC.'S STATE OF DOWNTOWN
Downtown Indy, Inc.'s annual meeting and the State of Downtown takes place from 4 - 6 p.m. in Union Station for DII members and partners.
- Hear from keynote Aaron Renn, senior fellow at the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research and contributing editor for City Journal. A panel of local leaders will follow with reflection and response.
- Admission is free for DII members; $20 for non-members.
Friday, April 28: FAST FRIDAY
Celebrate your workplace’s team spirit by wearing your company colors/logos today.
- Enter your company in the second annual HandleBar Hot Lap on Monument Circle where one company verses another company race around the Circle on an infamous pedal bar. First rounds start at 11 a.m. narrowing down the field by 1 p.m. The final competition takes place from 4 - 6 p.m.
- Registration goes live March 27 at 11 a.m. (33 days out from the event) and is limited to 48 teams; $250 per team benefitting Downtown beautification.
- From 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., grab lunch from several food trucks on site. Also take part in IPL’s Indy Free Tree Day and Lemonade Day.
- The final 16 teams will return for the championship rounds, racing to the finish, from 4 – 6 p.m. All competitors and spectators can enjoy the Sun King “Snake Pit” Beer Garden on Monument Circle.
Thanks to our many “spirit squad” partners for Downtown Indy, Inc.’s Workforce Week including:
- Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield
- Pacers Sports & Entertainment
- Indianapolis Colts
- Indianapolis Business Journal
- Indianapolis Indians
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Indianapolis Sports Corp.
- Indy Eleven
- Lockerbie Lofts (TWG)
- Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of REALTORS (MIBOR)
- Sun King Brewery
- Visit Indy