There’s nothing like the Month of May in Downtown Indy. And this year, it’s more fashionable than ever before.
Fridays in May, Downtown Indy, Inc. and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway are encouraging you to dress in your best black/white race-inspired attire to snag discounts at restaurants about town (see the full list of participating restaurants here). Feeling a bit more fashion-forward? Snap a selfie and showcase your look on social media using #500FashionFridays for a chance to win tickets to the Indy 500, Carb Day and more.
Check out these “glamour shots” of our 500 Food & Fashion Fridays Street Team and rev up your fashion creativity!
- Name: Felicia Kiesel (@BoomerangBTQ)
- Workplace: Boomerang Boutique
- What makes Downtown Indy the Greatest Downtown in Racing? Downtown Indy is the Greatest City in May because there is so much to do. If you’re bored in Indy in May, you’re doing something wrong!
- Name: Chris Gahl (@ChrisGahl)
- Workplace: Visit Indy
- What makes Downtown Indy the Greatest Downtown in Racing? There’s a palpable, escalating energy coming from Downtown Indy throughout May.
- Name: Maggie Stock (@Maggie_Stock)
- Workplace: Visit Indy
- What makes Downtown Indy the Greatest Downtown in Racing? The pride the city has during the Month of May is contagious. Whether you’re a lifelong race fan or a newbie, you can’t help but feel the energy of the 500 all month long.
- Name: Danielle Nicol
- Workplace: OneAmerica
- What makes Downtown Indy the Greatest Downtown in Racing? All of the events leading up to the race and the amount of people that participate and volunteer in everything from the Mini to the parade. I am so proud to work for a company that has such a large part in the community from sponsoring the Mini to encouraging associates to volunteer. It truly is a great experience and month-long celebration!
- Name: Jeremiah Williams (@_Jeremiah_)
- Workplace: Kicks Digital Marketing
- What makes Downtown Indy the Greatest Downtown in Racing? Downtown Indy holds a special place to those of us who grew up here. The Month of May is an opportunity to highlight to a global audience why Indy is a great place to live, work, play, and visit.
- Name: Larra Overton (@LarraOverton)
- Workplace: Fox59 & CBS 4
- What makes Downtown Indy the Greatest Downtown in Racing? The spectrum of events and celebrations surrounding the Month of May truly makes Downtown Indy the greatest Downtown in racing. Not only do you have the Indianapolis 500, but you have such a variety of community-centric festivities throughout the month to engage both central Indiana residents and visitors of all ages. It is truly a culmination of all things that make Downtown Indy exceptional – community pride, Hoosier hospitality and one of the greatest sporting events in the world!
- Name: Laura Schlensker
- Workplace: IU Health
- What makes Downtown Indy the Greatest Downtown in Racing? As an Indianapolis native, May is by far the best month in Downtown Indy. The Indy 500 is the one of the few sporting events that is accessible to the masses and illustrates our Hoosier hospitality.
- Name: Courtney Howell (@indygirlTT)
- Workplace: Downtown Indy, Inc.
- What makes Downtown Indy the Greatest City in Racing during the month of May? As a Downtown resident and a Downtown worker, I can feel the renewed energy and excitement as the race gets closer and it’s so refreshing! I see the checkered pennant flags on front porches, I see the 500 Festival and Indy 500 pole banners around the streets and I see people wearing black & white – it’s seriously contagious! We are all like a collective Downtown team cheering for one of the greatest events in the world all month long!
Alright, time to go plan out that outfit! We’ll be on the lookout your racing style on May 12 and 19.