Happy December and Happy Last Month of 2014 – and the city’s countdown to New Year’s Eve has begun! Only 30 days until a new Downtown Indy event unfolds and the clock strikes midnight giving way to 2015. Downtown Indy is hosting an epic New Year’s Eve Celebration presented by The Indiana Union Construction Industry at Pennsylvania and Georgia streets and dropping an Indy Car (yes, really) in place of the typical “NYE ball drop.” Get ready for bands, activities and more – both inside and out – FREE – for all ages. Check it out here!
So – as we officially commence the countdown to the big event and to 2015, what better time than now to relive some of our favorite 2014 memories here in Indy. You certainly have yours – and we’d love to hear from you. Here’s a quick look back at some of Downtown Indy’s more unforgettable moments in 2014
- The inaugural season of Indiana’s first (and favorite) pro soccer team, Indy Eleven.
- The initiation of Downtown’s newest district – Market East.
- Azy, Rocky, Knobi and others go ape over the opening of the International Orangutan Center at the Indianapolis Zoo.
- Pacers almost making it to the NBA Finals.
- Terre Cotta Warriors come marching in to The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis.
- Jim Nabors’ final singing of Back Home Again in Indiana.
- The largest screening of the World Cup we’ve ever been to on Mass Ave.
- The Indianapolis Star’s big move to Circle Centre.
- The launch of “Know Outlets” – the powerful fight against homelessness Downtown.
- The day Josh Kaufman came home for Circle of Lights®.
- And, of course, the authentically-urban re-brand of our own Downtown Indy.
What were your favorite moments of 2014? The day your daughter was born? Landing your dream job? Share with us by hashtagging #IndyNYE on social (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) or by commenting below. Time to celebrate! We’ll see you Downtown this New Year’s Eve.
Thinking ahead to 2015? See what folks are planning for their New Year’s resolutions next year.