Downtown Indy has no shortage of theater, music and dance with the fall performing arts season just around the corner. Make dinner reservations at one of Downtown’s many dining options and enjoy a night out on the town with a must-see performance at one of these popular theaters.
Indiana Repertory Theatre
The Indiana Repertory Theatre will kick off its 44th season with another great year of larger-than-life plays sure to entertain, challenge, delight and maybe even upset a few folks. Don’t miss these timeless classics.
- Sept. 30 – Oct. 25: The Great Gatsby
- Oct. 20 – Nov. 15: April 4, 1968
- Nov. 14 – Dec. 26: A Christmas Carol
- Nov. 21 – Dec. 20: Peter Rabbit and Me
Old National Centre
There are no shortage of events taking place at the Murat Theatre at the Old National Centre this fall. From classics, to family-friendly performances, to the perfect GNO (girl’s night out) show... you don’t want to miss out!
- Nov. 7: Alvin and the Chipmunks: Live on Stage!
- Nov. 11: Girls Night: The Musical
- Nov. 28: Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker
- Dec. 15 – 20: Cirque Dreams Holidaze
Peewinkle’s Puppet Studio
Bring the family and enter this charming old world style, 50 seat puppet theatre that’s just a few blocks south of Circle Center. These creative puppet shows will keep the little ones captivated and engaged.
- Sept. 16 – 25: Peewinkle Goes Fishing
- Oct. 10 – 30: The Slightly Haunted Puppet Studio
- Dec. 8 – 28: Christmas at the Puppet Studio
Searching for something a little outside of mainstream? Look no further than the Phoenix Theatre, who claims they had the hipster mentality before it was cool. You can count on the shows here to be intimate, unique and never-before-seen in Indianapolis.
- Aug. 13 – Sept. 13: Silence! The Musical
- Sept. 24 – Oct. 18: One Man, Two Guvnors
- Oct. 22 – Nov. 22: The Nether
- Nov. 27 – Dec. 20: A Very Phoenix Xmas X: O Come, Let Us Adore Us
Hilbert Circle Theatre
The Hilbert Circle Theatre is no less than a hometown legacy here in Downtown. It has been the venue for the weightlifting competition at the 1987 Pan American Games and the NBC talk show Late Night with Jimmy Fallon during Super Bowl XLVI. More importantly to us, it houses the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra. Don’t miss a moment of their busy fall season that includes performances like The King at 80: The Music of Elvis, Broadway Divas and more.
- Sept. 18 – 19: Beethoven’s “Emperor” with Emanuel Ax
- Sept. 26: Opening Night Gala
- Oct. 2 – 3: Broadway Divas
- Oct. 9 – 10: Beethoven’s Missa solemnis
- Oct. 15 – 16: IVCI Winner Jinjoo Cho Plays Tchaikovsky
- Oct. 21: Back to the Future: Film and Live Orchestra
- Oct. 23 – 24: Kenny Rogers with the ISO
- Oct. 25: Symphonic Spooktacular
- Oct. 29 & 31: Mahler’s Symphony No. 4
- Nov. 6 – 8: Brahms’ Piano Concerto No. 1
- Nov. 12 – 14: Brahms’ Piano Concerto No. 2
- Nov. 20 – 21: Classic FM: Radio Hits of the Decades
The Cabaret at the Columbia Club
The Cabaret at the Columbia Club presents the finest of international, national and local cabaret performers in an intimate and sophisticated setting. Not to mention they have a lineup to be reckoned with this fall! Be sure to catch these premier performances.
- Oct. 9 & 10: The Last Five Years in Concert
- Oct. 22 & 23: Kat Edmonson
- Nov. 6 & 7: Marin Mazzie
- Nov. 20: Laura Osnes
Theatre on the Square
Spend an evening on Mass Avenue this fall with a show at Theatre on the Square. There’s something for everyone this season from Enter Love, a musical about the dynamic nature of romantic relationships in the first decade of the 21st century, to [Title of Show], a piece best described as a love letter to original musical theater.
- Sept. 12 – 27: Enter Love
- Oct. 3 – 31: Cabaret Poe
- Oct. 23 – Nov. 8: Miss Gulch Returns
- Nov. 13 – Nov. 22: [Title of Show]
- Nov. 27 – Dec. 20: A Christmas Story
- Nov. 27 – Dec. 20: 8 Reindeer Monologues
Young Actors Theatre
The Young Actors Theatre creates fantastic performances while promoting a powerful vision: to empower youth for life. Be sure to check out these talented young actors this fall as they perform Oliver Twist.
- Oct. 28 & 31: Oliver Twist
Blog by Courtney West and Berkley Koger, marketing and communication interns