Downtown Indianapolis is the place to be when the clock strikes 12 this New Year’s Eve! From numerous parties to family-friendly events to dinner in style, ring in 2020 in style. View all these events here.
Downtown sports for New Year’s Eve
- The Indiana Pacers will welcome the Philadelphia 76ers to Bankers Life Fieldhouse at 3 p.m. Dec. 31. Cheer on the team before heading out to your final NYE destination.
Countdown to Noon, The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, Admission varies
- Experience all the fun of New Year’s Eve at a reasonable hour Dec. 31. Celebrate the final day of 2019 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. with activities, music from Grammy-nominated musician Zak Morgan and countdowns to 2020 at noon and 1 p.m. Enjoy hats and other festive favors for the big moment while supplies last.
- Celebrate the end of 2019 and get ready to welcome a magical 2020 during this family-friendly, alcohol-free New Year’s Eve party from 6 – 9 p.m.! Ring in the new year with magic, music, dancing, face painting, exploring the entire museum and more. Plus, don’t miss the New Year countdown with our balloon drop in the Great Hall when the clock strikes 8 p.m.!
Adult 21+ celebrations Dec. 31
New Year’s Eve Party with The Doo!, The Rathskeller, $50 in advance; $55 at the door
- Enjoy New Year’s Eve with an hors d’oeuvre buffet, party favors and a midnight champagne toast at The Rathskeller. Frank Bradford will perform from 7 – 8:45 p.m. with The Doo! following from 9 p.m. – 1 a.m.
New Year’s Eve 2020 at the Pavilion, The Pavilion at Pan Am, $100
- Indy’s newest & biggest New Year’s Eve Party is back. The Pavilion will feature an over-the-top production including an aerialist, professional dancers, custom video production and a one-of-a-kind countdown experience. DJs include DJ Hugh Jeffner, DJ Corey James and DJ FlyT. Guests will enjoy a premium open bar, champagne toast, photo booth, appetizers, desserts and more. The party runs from 9 p.m. – 2 a.m.
New Year’s Eve at Howl at the Moon, $65 – $130
- Howl at the Moon offers different packages to ring in 2020 to help customize your New Year’s Eve experience. Several packages include a catered dinner buffet and a premium open bar. Everyone will enjoy high-energy, live music featuring dueling pianos. Limited general admission tickets may be available at the door.
New Year’s Eve with ComedySportz, The Athenaeum Theatre, $20; $18 for students and seniors
- Welcome in the New Year with the most unique comedy show around! There are two celebrations: the first from 7:30 – 9 p.m. and the second from 10:30 p.m. – midnight (ending with a countdown to midnight) and two live improvisation matches, where ComedySportz players battle each other for a prize. Laugh your way into the new year.
New Year’s Eve Date Night, Chef JJ’s Downtown, $75 per person
- Share an evening with that special someone at Chef JJ’s on New Year’s Eve. Relax and unwind from the holidays while enjoying fresh, local dishes prepared kamado style and made for sharing. Ticket price includes tasters, a five-course dinner and a sweet treat to take home. Beer and wine will be available for purchase. Doors open at 6 p.m. with dinner beginning at 6:30 p.m. and concluding around 8:30 p.m.
New Year’s Eve presented by CCA, Indiana Roof Ballroom, $115 – $750
- Indy’s premiere all-inclusive NYE party is back at the Indiana Roof Ballroom. Enjoy open bars including a beer & wine only speed bar and a new specialty cocktail bar. Enjoy gourmet appetizers, casino games, arcade, henna tattoos and more. Cool Hand Lex with percussionist Joe Meltdown will keep the party going from 9 p.m. – 1:30 a.m.
NYE with Todd McComas, Helium Comedy Club, $35 – $89
- Ring in the new year with an evening filled with laughter courtesy of Todd McComas, host of the comedy podcast “Heartland Radio 2.0” and supporting cast member of the sports podcast “The Pat McAfee Show 2.0.” He is a former Marine and police detective of 21 years. McComas’ act consists of stories about being a father of one, a former husband of two, being single in his 40s and lots of cop stories that will give you a hilarious look behind the badge. Two shows are offered: 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
Imbibe the New Year, Bluebeard, $179 + tax & service fee
- Celebrate with a five-course dinner paired with wines curated for this jovial occasion, including Dom Perignon, Numathia, Etoile Rose and Moet & Chandon Imperial. And to ensure optimal festivity, half bottles of Ruinart will be available to purchase throughout the evening. Grab your favorite person for a dinner to remember.
New Year’s Eve Dinner for Two, OP Italian, $95 for two + tax & service fee
- This year, don’t fall asleep at 9pm on the couch, but celebrate the new year in style with our authentic four-course menu for two. Add a bottle of Giuliana Prosecco and you have yourself a night!
When the party’s over – Ride smart!
Free Lyft rides on NYE, Lyft Indianapolis, Get a free ride (up to $10)
Our friends at Lyft are offering one free ride per person from 7 p.m. Dec. 31 until 5 a.m. on New Year’s Day. Thanks to Jack Daniel’s® Tennessee Apple and Eskew Law, the first 1,000 Lyft riders can download the code on Eskew Law’s website and be eligible for a free ride home, up to $10.
Communications & Marketing Intern, Downtown Indy, Inc.