#ShiningALightIndy premieres Saturday, Nov. 9 from 4-7 p.m. Here are a few insider tips to help you make the most of this one-of-a-kind experience.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
Head out to Monument Circle and usher in Veteran’s Day weekend from 4-7 p.m.
- 4-5:30 PM: Enjoy a performance by local country music sensation Clayton Anderson; Quaff On!/Hard Truth Hills and Hotel Tango Distillery Beer/Spirit Garden, General American Donut Co. Truck with sweets/treats; National Guard
- 5:35 p.m.: Presentation of Colors by the National Guard, followed by the 38th Infantry’s performance and rendition of the National Anthem.
- 5:50 p.m. Speeches by notable members of our community including:
- Indiana Brig. General R. Dale Lyles, Adjutant General, National Guard
- Governor Eric Holcomb
- Brig. General J. Stewart Goodwin, Executive Director of the Indiana War Memorials Commission
- Sherry Seiwert, President and CEO of Downtown Indy, Inc.
- Matt Hall, Director of Veterans Services, Office of the Mayor
- Doug Boles, President of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- 6:20 p.m.: The Premiere of Indy’s Signature Salute
- 6:30 p.m.: Performance by 38th Infantry Band
For one night only, the Signature Salute will play additional times throughout the evening to ensure that attendees are able to take in the spectacle to the fullest on premiere night.
WHERE TO WATCH
Attendees looking for the best view of the salute, should gather on the Southwest Quadrant of Monument Circle. Click here to view details the event footprint, including the Canteen, ADA viewing area and more.
WHAT ITEMS ARE PROHIBITED?
This event is a pedestrian-only event. Prohibited items include pop-up tents, coolers, scooters, chairs, bicycles and animals (service animals are permitted).
WHAT ROADS WILL BE CLOSED DOWNTOWN?
The Shining A Light Premiere will close the south half of Monument Circle from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. The entire Monument Circle and spokes (Market and Meridian streets) will be closed from 1:30 – 8 p.m.
HOW CAN I SPREAD THE WORD?
Learn more about this historical event here and share highlights from the night with friends on social media by tagging #ShiningALightIndy. We can’t wait to see you there!
WHAT HAPPENS NOV. 10?
You can catch Indy’s Signature Salute nightly, 365 days a year. Head out to the Circle at 6:30 p.m. now until March. (Time will be adjusted in March when seasons change.)
To learn more, visit www.downtownindy.org/shiningalight.
Communications & Marketing Intern, Downtown Indy, Inc.