Check out these fun and festive activities to wrap up this year on a high note!
Holidays on the Circle
Kicking off the Saturday after Thanksgiving, Holidays on the Circle will take place every Saturday until Dec. 21 from 4:30 – 7:30 p.m. Holiday performances, signature treats and festive music will fill Monument Circle.
- Nov. 30 (CANCELLED DUE TO FORECASTED STORMS, WIND, RAIN): Circle of Lights continued- Enjoy festive entertainment from performers who auditioned for the 2019 Circle of Lights featuring the Dan Nix Big Band
- Dec. 7: International Night- The International Center will bring engaging cultural organizations sharing music and traditions from around the world thanks to its Festival Fund.
- Dec. 14: BI05.7 Christmas Choir Competition- Listen to winners from B105.7’s Choir Competition live on the Circle.
- Dec. 21: Holiday Homecoming- Students can celebrate the closing of the college semester, along with friends and family, with the Doo! band on Monument Circle.
Witness timeless holiday classics as Downtown Indy, Inc. partners with the Athenaeum Foundation and Indy Film Fest for Festive Films. Enjoy holiday movies at the Athenaeum’s Basile Theater on the first four Mondays in December. Tickets to each show are $10 and proceeds benefit Downtown holiday décor and the Athenaeum Foundation. The film lineup is as follows:
- Dec. 2: “Scrooged”
- Dec. 9: “Elf”
- Dec. 16: “It’s a Wonderful Life”
- Dec. 23: “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation”
Nutcrackers, Mexican ice cream and holiday spirits?! Yelp’s Totally Bazaar is back Dec. 7 with 150+ local businesses, 10+ local food vendors, and a whole lot of Hoosier hooch. This holiday shopping party explodes on all six floors of the Indianapolis Central Library, vibrant with different entertainers on each floor and new local makers throughout. The event is free to attend and open to those of all ages, however each attendee 18+ must RSVP on Yelp beforehand. Don’t miss it!
Big Ten Football
Need a change of pace from the holiday festivities? Head to Lucas Oil Stadium for the Big Ten Football Championship on Dec. 7. Indianapolis is proud to host the championship for the ninth time since its inception in 2011.
Santa Claus is coming to town and Downtown Indy is his favorite stop! Be sure to catch him at Celebration Crossing, Christmas at the Zoo, or IPL’s Yuletide Celebration. Enjoy a bit to eat with the jolly old fellow at The Children’s Museum’s Breakfast with Santa or The Indiana State Museum’s Santa’s Holiday Breakfast. Finally, make sure the big guy knows what you’re wishing for this Christmas by dropping a letter in Santa’s Mailbox!
Communications & Marketing Intern, Downtown Indy, Inc.